Monday was the day. Ben had laser eye surgery... yay! Now Ben is recovering, by himself in a quiet, lonely hotel room at Travis Air Force Base... boo. He went up last Wednesday for pre-op appointments and then the kids and I headed up on Thursday to meet him. We picked up him up, drove through gorgeous Napa Valley and then spent the weekend with my Grandparents. We headed back to Travis on Sunday and his surgery was on Monday afternoon. But, we can't be all business can we? Sunday night we took the opportunity to go bowling, fun! On Monday morning we went to breakfast and then headed to the Jelly Belly Factory. We went on a tour, sampled lots of yummy jelly beans, snapped a few cheesy photos and made it back just in time for his appointment. Ave, Gray and I headed out on our five hour drive home Tuesday morning leaving Ben to recover in peace... what a week! Ben's surgery went great and hopefully he will be home on Saturday, but the kids and I miss him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh fun!! The girlies and I went to the Jelly Belly factory last year...isn't it a blast?!?! Did the robot wave at you??:) Glad to hear Ben's surgery went well, we'll keep him in our prayers for a speedy recovery so he can get home to his fam!!!
Thanks Julie! We did have a great time! I think I missed the waving robot, as Ave had to go potty right in the middle of the tour... go figure! :)
Yay! That's so cool- no more glasses! And the jelly bean factory- we've talked many times of going but have yet to stop. Looks like a great week =]
Yeah! Looks like fun! I want to go there in a bad way... Happy to hear Ben's eye surgery went well! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment