This morning while I was getting ready, Avery was drawing. She loves to color but lately she has become much more interested in the whole concept of coloring inside the lines and she is learning how to draw. Throughout this process we have ended up "wasting" numerous pieces of paper. This morning I picked this paper up off the desk and went to throw it in the trash... until I looked closer at the "picture". When I asked Avery what she drew she said "mommy, daddy and Graysen, and lots of 'A's' "! And then I had one of those "Are we already there" moments? I didn't know she knew how to draw people, it seemed like only yesterday I was drawing creepy, potato looking people on random pieces of paper. At that moment, I quickly realized we ARE here and she is changing so fast. I am so grateful to be reminded by her to live IN the moment, and enjoy each day to its fullest!
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
One of those Moments...
As parents, Ben and I constantly find ourselves saying things like, "Can you imagine when she..?" or "Just wait until they are doing that!" and "Are we ever going to get them to?". And then, you have a moment like I had today that I realized...we ARE there! Avery is three years old...What? And then we have Graysen who is six months old...Really?
This morning while I was getting ready, Avery was drawing. She loves to color but lately she has become much more interested in the whole concept of coloring inside the lines and she is learning how to draw. Throughout this process we have ended up "wasting" numerous pieces of paper. This morning I picked this paper up off the desk and went to throw it in the trash... until I looked closer at the "picture". When I asked Avery what she drew she said "mommy, daddy and Graysen, and lots of 'A's' "! And then I had one of those "Are we already there" moments? I didn't know she knew how to draw people, it seemed like only yesterday I was drawing creepy, potato looking people on random pieces of paper. At that moment, I quickly realized we ARE here and she is changing so fast. I am so grateful to be reminded by her to live IN the moment, and enjoy each day to its fullest!
This morning while I was getting ready, Avery was drawing. She loves to color but lately she has become much more interested in the whole concept of coloring inside the lines and she is learning how to draw. Throughout this process we have ended up "wasting" numerous pieces of paper. This morning I picked this paper up off the desk and went to throw it in the trash... until I looked closer at the "picture". When I asked Avery what she drew she said "mommy, daddy and Graysen, and lots of 'A's' "! And then I had one of those "Are we already there" moments? I didn't know she knew how to draw people, it seemed like only yesterday I was drawing creepy, potato looking people on random pieces of paper. At that moment, I quickly realized we ARE here and she is changing so fast. I am so grateful to be reminded by her to live IN the moment, and enjoy each day to its fullest!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you ARE there! wow! her "growing up pic" is a keeper =]
Post a Comment