Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kelton 101

Today, yes today, Kelton is two months old! And when we look back it is hard to imagine our family without him. He has brought such joy, and a little crazy, to our lives over the past eight and a half weeks.

I still have moments when I look in the back of the car and I have a moment of realization that we have three kids. Then I wonder when I got old enough to have three kids!? But the thing that amazes me the most when I look at them is how incredibly different they all are. How can God create such different personalities in three kids who, on the outside, look so similar? Avery and Graysen couldn't be more opposite but they compliment each other so well. And we are excited to see, over time, the dynamic Kelton will bring to our family.




After having Avery and Graysen I was pretty sure I had this whole "baby thing" figured out...and then I had Kelton, and I realized I was soooooo totally wrong. He has been completely unpredictable!

He really struggled with tummy issues his first six weeks, and was pretty miserable most of the time. We had some hard days and a lot of hard night those first weeks. But his six week mark came around and he transformed into a very happy and sweet baby.

So a little about Kelton...


At birth he weighed more and was longer than Avery but was shorter and weighed less than Graysen. Poor Kelton was seriously jipped in the hair department, but what hair he does have is a nice light brown color. He already has stunning blue eyes and very long toes. One very distinct thing about him is his nose! Ave and Gray have the same nose, but his is very different! From the beginning he has been very alert and responsive, he even smiled for the first time on Ben's birthday, July 27th!

Here are a few of his favorite things...

He loves to take baths.



At night, Kelton likes to sleep in his bed...



During the day, he loves to nap in his swing, but refuses the bouncy seat!


...Unless it's outside.



This is the best. baby. purchase. ever, the Tiny Love Baby Mobile. He would probably lay there and watch it for hours.


A picture of his first trip to the zoo! I like to think he enjoyed it... :-)


This is what my mornings have looked like recently, with a wake up time of 6:30... I may have myself another early bird!


He only likes to be held facing out. Warning, don't dare turn him around! He. will. scream.


And he is an absolute pro at tummy time!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie!! He's such a sweetie!!! I don't even know him for reals...but I can tell he's a sweetie:) Isn't it amazing how completely different children can be?! Aaahh, I love it! Thanks for sharing about your precious little love!:)