But let's start from the beginning, well two months ago, anyway.
In June and July, we had the tremendous blessing of my sis staying with us for almost seven weeks. My sisters and I have always been close, but now living in different states we don't have the luxury to spend more than a week or two together, so this was truly a blessing. She is leaving tomorrow to teach overseas for a year and that time we had together meant the world to me and the kids before she leaves. We were sooooo lucky to have her with us for so long, but now we really miss her. We had lots of good laughs and made some great new memories!!
Nothing like a sister!!
Next, I am so excited to finally announce our sweet, precious newest babe, Kelton Isaac.
So, hard to believe this was me just over 8 weeks ago...
Exactly one week over due, we had given up all hope of self-inducing labor. Tuesday, July 3rd I was put on the list to be induced, so I had given up hope that he was come naturally. But instead of worrying about when he was going to make his grand entrance, we decided to enjoy our last days. With my mom and sister in town, we decided to get out and go bowling.
That obviously did the trick, because at 11:30 that night, my water broke and at 4:09 a.m. Ben and I welcomed our Fourth of July, 8 pound, 3 ounce baby boy into our family. And he is definitely proving to be our little Firecracker!
See Graysen's face? I am thrilled to say that he is STILL as smitten with Kelton as he was that very first day. He just adores him.
Kelton and I had to spend an extra day in the hospital because he was coombs positive, so he had to undergo intensive light therapy.
And after two and a half long days in the hospital, we were finally able to take him home!
Welcome to the craziness, sweet boy!







1 comment:
so cute!!!
Post a Comment