Last week, we had a break in the weather. It doesn't feel like we have had much for summer weather this year but we had a gorgeous weekend. So we took advantage and got out. On Saturday, we took a hike to Nojoqui "Falls". Okay, so it wasn't much of a hike but just right with two kids and there definitely wasn't much to the "falls".
That said, it was a perfect day, perfect weather and a great place to let the kids get out and play around.
On Monday, we were off to Avila. Ben only had to work in the morning, so as soon as he got off we headed to the beach. I actually laid on the beach and read a magazine, ahhhh... can't remember the last time I did that?! Then we went to the Farm to pick apples. That was an experience. It was more like running through grabbing as many apples as you could find without getting eatten alive by yellowjackets! Not really what I had in mind. But totally worth it, when we came home and Avery and I made applecrisp. Yum!
1 comment:
Beautiful pics! Looks like you guys had a great time. And, you even got some reading in -- wow! It's funny you mentioned apple picking and apple crisp. We just did that last weekend and plan on making either apple crisp or apple crumble with them. They are GREAT apples!! I love fall!!!
Post a Comment